Sunday, January 21, 2024

Euro version



Joel Black really collected some rarities, way before the InterWebz. 




This one isn't his, don't think it is but the information just wasn't easily found. The 'Tranter Patent' was pretty common in Europe. Belgium, etc. but it involved that button under the frame. Joel Black told me privately the Webley & Scott was based on the Tranter but there was so little information, other than his word, I didn't believe him.
He was quite correct and now I feel terrible.
I mean, I didn't outright say, "You don't know what you are talking about!" which I have done with other Gun Historians and most of the time I'm not wrong. But in this case, Joel was/is completely correct and I was/am completely incorrect to have doubted him and he was super humble about not telling me I was/am wrong. 
Mr. Joel Black, I was wrong. 
I apologize. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rook Rifle, Tranter Action